Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Very Quiet "Ask Me Wednesday"


..... so quiet, in fact, that I only received 2 questions!
Which might be a good thing since I just jot home and it's 11:16 p.m. ..... so at least it's still Wednesday!

Today was another good day. I had time to get stuff done around the house and to run some long-awaited errands. I needed that time .... very much.

I wish I had some witty story to tell all of you .... something to make you chuckle or even give you a belly laugh ..... but alas, I'm coming up short (some would say that at 5'3" I'm always coming up short, but those would be some rather rude people).
Come to think of it ... Son #3 would tell me that in a heart beat. The boy loves to rest his arm on my shoulder every chance he gets ..... just to prove the point.
What he sometimes fails to realize is ..... I may be short, but I'm wiry (read that with a very thick southern accent) ...... and more importantly ..... I'm mean.
Height, my Peeps, is not everything.


OK, on to my two questions, but before I answer those I want to ask you one: Have you seen any good movies or read a good book lately? If so, please share. I need some entertainment!!
Thanks!



Anonymous said...
My daughter is 16 and has a smart mouth. What are some of the ways you handle a smart mouth, and how do you get the smart mouth to shut up. I want to slap the mouth, but my husband says NO. I have come to understand why there is child abuse (just kidding... sort of.) Please address on your next Q&A day. Thanks and God Bless.

Hi Anon.
Oh ... the smart mouth syndrome. Makes my palm itch just to think about it (so yes, I too would like to slap one once in a while). At 16 she's probably too old to wash her mouth out with soap, but I'd certainly cut out some activity/activities that she likes to do if she can't treat you with respect.
I am currently having that problem once in a while with one of the sons and I'm ready to ground his little butt for the weekend if he pops off again in the next 24 hours. Our parenting rule has usually been, "If you can't do what I want you to do, then I will NOT do what YOU want me to do."
That's the best thing I can tell you. Of course, the person who ends up feeling the most miserable when a child is grounded is the parent, so be prepared. This is where the phrase, "Parenting isn't for sissies" comes in.
: )



Mom said...
P.S. My AMW question is at what age did you realize how talented the girls were? Did their talent show itself in all three at the same time, or separately?

Love you bunches.

Hi Mom!
I can't remember how old they were when we really knew they had a gift for singing. I'm guessing definitely by middle school. Every car trip (even if it was only across town) was filled with me, requesting songs from all three girls .... mostly Broadway musicals, since I fed them a steady diet of those when they were growing up.
I could just sit and listen to them sing for hours and hours.
Unfortunately, they don't enjoy singing for me for hours and hours .... nor do they have the time anymore.
But thank you ..... I realize you're a bit biased, too, but it's good to know I'm not alone in my fanatical love of their voices ..... and them. :)
See you tomorrow for the game!!


OK Peeps .... that's all for this week.
Don't forget ..... good movie and/or good book. The movie can be a rental or one that's out right now. I've heard really good things about that kids' movie about meatballs raining down from the sky. I'd never get one of the boys to go see that with me so I may have to borrow a small child and go. I'm sure that I'd have no end of offers from friends on that!!

Take care Peeps and have a happy Thursday!!!!

4 comments:

Jonsson said...

Ask me Wednesday I thought changed to ask me Thursday . . .are we back to Wednesday or was I just dreaming? Here is my Ask Me Wednesday/Thursday Question (will understand if you hold it until next week) . . . My daughter who has not lived at home for 6 years, she has her own house in Los Angeles . . . ALOT of her stuff that she refused to get rid of (pack rat) is still at my house . . . most in the Texas Basement all boxed up that I would dearly love to reclaim my Texas Basement. I am estimating it will be close to $1,000 to ship it to her . . . I just want it out of my house . . . she has school papers back from elementary school she cannot part with. Basically do I spend my money to ship all of her what I think junk to her? There is no way she will ever package it up and move it herself. Moni B

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine-
I've been reading your blog for a few months now. I found it through Vanessa's blog who I found through another blog, etc, etc. Anyway, have you ever read anything by Ted Dekker? He's an amazing Christian author. I recommend his Black, Red, White trilogy or just about anything else he's written (and there's alot).
Nicole from Ohio

Angie said...

Best book I've read lately...The Last Bridge by Teri Coyne. I just picked it up by chance at the library and wow....I couldn't put it down. It's not normally the type of book I would read but I was engrossed with it until the end. On the movie....I took my kids to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs last weekend....it's ok but I wouldn't rush out to see it. :)
Thanks again for the advice last week. We've talked to our son and seem to have things moving in a postive direction.
Angie

Carrie said...

HA! Sorry I forgot (again) to submit a question! Here's my next week's question: I have a little boy, and now that I'm expecting a little girl, I've started to think a little about modesty. I am SUPER concerned about modesty for myself, and for my daughter, eventually, but when do you think it starts to matter? Obviously a 1 or 2 year old girl running around in a diaper isn't immodest, but what about a 5 or 7 year old, or a 10 year old...where did you draw the line on certain modesty issues with your daughters, or what is your opinion about when it starts to matter?

BTW, I'm only 5'0", so I totally get the short jokes. :)