Saturday, October 10, 2009

Super Short Saturday ....

.... I was going to do this post yesterday and it was going to be called "Friday Fair Fotos" but then Son #1 surprised me by coming home last night and then Daughters 2 & 3 came home (I halfway expected them .... either last night or this morning) so we had a great time just hanging out and laughing until almost midnight. We also watched the new blu ray version of "The Wizard of Oz" ... cool.
I got up today and headed straight outside to work in my garden. I've decided to beautify a section of it and had 600 pounds of gravel to spread out. The Daughters woke up after a bit and both came out and helped me. We worked very hard and I must say, it looks pretty dang nice out there now.

Then we came in, got the 2 sons to help (Son #3 is at the A&M/OSU game ..... GO POKES!!!) move the furniture around in the living room.
It also looks pretty good in there. :)

Now I have a bit of time to post the fair pictures and then I have to get ready for a wedding.

So ..... here, my Peeps, are the pictures from the Tulsa State Fair. Wish you could've been there!





These are two pictures from my night with my Gamma Phi sisters. I had such a blast (as did we all!). This is S, me, and V. Pay no attention to the mega huge margarita on the table. It took over 4 hours to drink that baby, and even then it wasn't finished!
Here's the whole group at the end of the night:



Here come the fair pics.
These are fried pickles. Don't judge if you've never tried them!


No one had any of this. It sounded ugh-ish to me, but who knows? They also had chocolate-covered bacon, which was a big seller, but again ...... it didn't sound that great to me.


And here, once again, is the proof that there are fried Twinkies (AND Oreos):
My step-mom had hers with chocolate sauce:

More signs of fried food, though alas, I never saw the "Fried Butter" place so that I could take a picture for you:

Not sure if you can read this but it says, "Fat Balls". Ummmmmm, yeah, that's all I've got on that:


This is M, my prom date, who met us at the fair:


This is M getting ready to do a bungee/trampoline jump:
He was pretty darn good!




So there you go, Peeps ..... pictures from the Fair. Try to keep your level of excitement to a dull roar, OK? I know it's difficult. Maybe next year you can all go with me!!!

Have a happy Saturday, Peeps.

3 comments:

kdawnmartin said...

looking at those pickels made me want some more RIGHT NOW!! LOL We did have fun though! Oh and I forgot to email you so I am doing so now...Hotel sister! Hotel! Love ya tons! And YAY POKES!!!

Anonymous said...

Deep fried pickles and butter? Whoa! I've heard of deep fried Mars bars, but not twinkies.

I went to a fair today and enjoyed a funnel cake. Ever had one of those? DE-LISH!

I'd love to go with you! But I'm a little far away!

Anonymous said...

The grandparents let all the grandkids do the bungee trampoline at the ND state fair. All the money Rowlands has received from me paid off. My gymnasts did pretty good.

Lisa B