.... which mean tomorrow is "Ask Me Wednesday". I had planned on posting pics from the fair, but am too tired to get them up tonight. I will try to do that on Friday or at least sometime this weekend. Be patient, Peeps.
It's been a good week. No real complaints here ..... well, none off the top of my head. I'm sure if I sat and thought about it for a minute I could come up with something, but I will refrain.
Think up some interesting questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Even "fair" questions. I did have a great time this past weekend and saw a lot and ate less than usual. I did not get my usual fried Twinkie fix, for which I am sorely disappointed. I may have to learn how to make them myself. How hard can it be, right? Except I have the distinct feeling that I might burn down the house with that much hot grease going.
Anyway .... put on your question-thinking caps and ask away. And in the mean time ..... I'll get my pictures ready to post. I promise.
Take care, Peeps and sleep well. See you on Wednesday,

3 comments:
Yay Mean Mom! Here's my AMW question...at what age can one start to become "mean mom"?(no, not your age...it's never nice to ask a lady her age...i mean child's age.)My 8 year old frequently causes us grief in the mornings, and much gnashing of teeth...plus just about makes her brother late, even though he's been ready for 10 minutes...but i'm thinking she's a bit too young for the "walk to school" gig. One time i did make dad and brother go and told her i'd take her when i was ready to leave, about 20 minutes late. didn't seem to phase her.
second, but related, question. how does one keep the "mean mom" fall-out from affecting the other child(ren)? a few weeks ago i told the kids we could go to a movie. b knows she cannot eat popcorn (braces, at age 8), so she wanted to buy candy at the counter ( a definite NO in my book)...i said we weren't going to buy popcorn either, since it wasn't fair that she couldn't eat it (her favorite food) she threw a tantrum, so i said we didn't have to go. son (age 10) nearly in tears. i gave her 5 minutes, after which i said we would not go because it would be too late for the movie. at 4:59 she relented and we went. i wanted to just leave her at home and take him, but figured CPS might not like that (they may in fact frown upon mean mom). any thoughts?
If this is too personal, feel free to delete.
Have your parents always been so cordial to one another and each other's spouses since they divorced?
I am amazed that you have get togethers with your parents and stepparents so easily.
Is it awkward at times?
How was your trip to the fair? I know the weather hasn't been the greatest here lately (I live in Tulsa). What is your favorite foods besides the mentioned fried Twinkies? What else do you do at the fair?
Post a Comment