Thursday, February 19, 2009

Before I leave ....

.... I just wanted to say good-bye to all of my peeps.

But don't worry .... I'm taking my life line computer with me to Mardi Gras.  I hope to make some posts while I'm there.

I'm also taking my second life line iPhone with me ... so I can still text and tweet.  
I am not heading into the bowels of the earth unprepared.  
Just in case .... I get lost in a cave or something ..... I need to be able to communicate.
Ummmmm ...... "bowels" is a relative term.

By the way .....  if it's not only me who this has just now occurred to ...... there will be no "Ask Me Wednesday" next week.
I know .... I am SUCH a weakling for not doing it on the day that will be filled with pre-op crap tests.

But hey .... I should get points for spending 4 hours on "The Shack" blog post today.  
Yes .... really.  
I saved it and am hoping to remember to post it on Sunday.

I should totally get paid for the amount of time I spend blogging.
But .... this is what I read about that today.

So now we all know that I do it because I love it .... and not for the money.

But if I'm ever offered any money .... I am SO taking it!

Have a great night.




7 comments:

Janet N said...

I am confused. Granted my Mardi Gras experience i from the previous century in Mobile and New Orleans, but I never wore that kind of dress to "Mardi Gras". To me it was all about parades, beads and doubloons. So, I'm guessing you are going to a ball? If so, I hope you have 'one'.
Love
Janet

Janine said...

Yes, I'm going to a Ball ..... the Bacchus Ball ... Sunday night.
I hope so, too.

Anonymous said...

It's OK, instead of having "Ask Me Wednesday", we'll have "Ash Me Wednesday".

Unknown said...

Ok, so I've read your blog from start to finish, been kind of one of those people that reads and takes in your words, but never says anything so you don't know I'm here? I think you've talked about them...

Anyways...Everytime I hear this song, I think of you. And it's funny, because I don't even know you, I just feel like I do because of your blog. What a world.

Anyways, the song You Found Me by the Fray? I wonder if you've heard it...I'll post some lyrics.

I found God
On the corner of
First and Amistad
Where the west
Was all but won
All alone
Smoking his last cigarette
I said, "Where you been?"
He said, "Ask anything".

Where were you
When everything was
falling apart?
All my days
Were spent by the telephone
It never rang
And all I needed was a call
It never came
To the corner of
First and Amistad

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you?
Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

In the end
Everyone ends up alone
Losing her
The only one who's ever known
Who I am
Who I´m not, who I wanna be

No way to know
How long she will
be next to me

I may be totally wrong, and those lyrics may not catch you like they catch me, but seriously, everytime, I think of you. So I guess I just wanted to say thanks for all of your blogging, even when you didn't want to or felt like you couldn't. I hope you know that it's meant something to more people than you could know.

--Katie

Janine said...

Katie .... thank you.
Thank you for posting ... and thank you for the lyrics that did, indeed, catch me tonight.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time at Mardi Gras and get someone to take photos of YOU in that dress! I know you will look gorgeous!
Love you!

Unknown said...

You *should* be paid to blog! I wrote an article that talked about that same thing! Kinda a tongue in cheek piece "The joy of a personal blog, or becoming a blog mama" http://www.wendeeholtcamp.com/blogmama.pdf

You might appreciate this line "You don’t get into personal
blogging – or news blogging for that matter – for fame and fortune.
If it happens, you’re perhaps a more savvy blog provocateur
than I. I was pleasantly surprised to find revenue on my latest
bank statement from Google Adsense: $0.30."
ha! ha!

HOWEVER I just got a regular daily gig blogging for Animal Planet every day - soo..... you CAN make $$ blogging!! :) Just not for yourself.... And if anyone could do it you could. You are a very talented and funny and snarky writer! And I do not say that to everyone!