The visit with the surgeon did not go the way I expected.
The surgery will be longer than I thought .... and more involved than I thought (2-4 hours).
The incision will be much longer than I thought (at least 4 inches or more).
The stay will be longer than I thought (48 hour minimum ---- unless I can talk my way out of that one .....).
Oh .... yeah ..... and the "C" word is not totally out of the picture ..... yet. Not for 2 more weeks.
He will send part of the tumor to be examined during the surgery and will wait to close until he hears back from them.
No "C" .... he closes.
Some "C" ... he takes more muscle/tissue. Then he closes.
So. I. Am. Majorly. Stressed.
Right now.
On a scale of 1 to 10 ...... I am at a 15.
Pray for peace .... a whole lotta peace .....
Please.
17 comments:
Praying for you still.
That's 'all'. :) -Ami
I am praying really really hard for you. I also want to tell you that from the perspective of a vet surgeon, I have to tell the owner that the mass COULD still be a "C", because you just can't be 100% sure with a biopsy of a small section only. However, a very large percentage of the time, it is just what the biopsy came back as, so you have a very good chance it is NOT the "C" word. And that is what I am going to believe. I hope that at least brings the stress number down a couple of points.
Lots of Love,
Melanie
I love you and I am praying that you exerience much peace and that the doctors and nurses have lots and lots of knowledge and wisdom.
I pray for your stress level to be relieved...
I pray the hands of your surgeon are strong and sure...
I pray God's hands hold his throughout the surgery...
I pray God holds your heart and helps to heal... everything...
I pray for more smiles from you... they look so nice on you - as did the dress.
I pray for your peace...
Amen.
Michele C.
praying like crazy.
enjoy your dinner tonight.
Praying for peace for you and wisdom for the surgeon and staff and that there is no c nowhere.
Love you!
Nat
P.S. I got your texts and I am ready!
Janine,
I've been following your twitters all day. And praying.
I am going to answer your question from the last post re: how I found your blog. My daughter sent me the link and as I've told you in emails - I am forever grateful. Your profile says "always honest". I don't really know you (although part of me wants to say YES I DO) but I love how honest and real you are. Even when it hurts.
Thank you.
Much Love
Jill
Good evening my darling daughter. Imbibe away. Whatever it takes you to get through the night and the next few days. We'll be praying for you as will hundreds, if not thousands, of others. We love you so very much.
I'm sure he is just saying that...just like tri-vet said, they have to be careful what they say because nothing is ever 100% sure.
Praying for peace for you!
Praying!
I'm choosing to believe what Melanie is believing - but praying for peace and rest for you.
L
Praying for your peace....may His peace flood your being. One of my favorite verses...Isaiah 26:30..You will keep in perfect peace those who trust in You, Those who thoughts are fixed on You.
May you sleep in peace tonight. May you trust in Him to hold you tight, for as I've said before He neither slumber nor sleeps and is watching over you.
praying, praying, praying. susan
though i believe prayers always go through, i don't believe my last comment did, so, again, praying...praying...praying. susan
You better believe we will be praying for you tonight and tomorrow and the next day and the next..........We won't stop and will pray that you find the peace and rest you need!
Love you,
Julie
More Hugs!
Praying for you!!
Janine,
I'm praying for you!!!
Love,
Lori D.
Post a Comment