Saturday, April 25, 2009

Peeps .... Pray .... Please!!!

I am on my out with my friend, KD, to take her son, C, to the ortho hospital down in Houston.  Last night his hand was crushed when it was slammed into a hotel door in College Station.  The ER there stitched and set what they could, to get him to Houston.  One finger was severed, hanging only by skin.  Bones were crushed, tendons were torn .... he will need surgery.
So we're taking him to admit him through the ER there and I'm not sure how long of a day this will be .... though my guess is very.
This young man loves to play the guitar ...... LOVES. Please pray that he will be able to continue to play .... it's his passion and he uses it at church for ministry.
He's only 15 ...........

Please pray.  I will keep you updated as I can.
Thanks so much, Janine

Update:
We are at the hospital now. The good news is that it appears that only the one finger was damaged. Bad news .... well, we'll wait to see what they say.


Update #2:
Great news! The finger was severed at the nail bed, which will need to be repaired and may be permanently damaged. But tendons are good, the blood supply looks great, one small nerve is damaged and the tip has a small fracture. He's having surgery Monday morning. The dr splinted it for now and we are headed back home.
Thank you SO much for your prayers, my wonderful praying Peeps!!

6 comments:

kdawnmartin said...

OMGOSH!!!! Prayers Prayers and more Prayers.

Nat said...

We are all praying for C. Please keep us updated if possible.
Nat&Family

Anonymous said...

Oh my Janine,
I do hope all goes well for this young man. You know where I'm at with prayer, but I hope knowing that I do care for your friends son helps some. Hugs to all of you, Lorry

Carrie said...

Oh, wow, Janine, thanks for sharing - my MIL had one of her fingers nearly severed in an accident last spring, but it was able to be reattached & she was playing the piano again within 6 months. Hope this young man has a similar outcome!

Judy said...

I lost the end of my right index finger and although it doesn't look very good (no nail except for a sort of stub) I can play guitar, piano, type whatever. So glad this young man is going to be fine. He is young, he will recover quickly and all will be well.

Mary Lou said...

Didn't get to check my computer till now. So thankful that the outcome is much better than you all had anticipated. Praying that everything will be restored to him.