I know!!
Today was colder and rainy, but not too bad. Nothing to whine about anyway.
I slept OK --- other than the wierd dreams that the meds bring on. I hate that but know that it's part of the deal if I want to sleep.
We went out to lunch at this neat place that used to be a mill ... and now is a little restaurant with a large amount of retail space full of antiques, Christmas decorations, knick knacks, etc. It was nice to just walk around and take everything in.
I worked on my embroidery this afternoon, read a bit and just relaxed.
Seriously.
M made soup for dinner and afterwards we made cookies for tomorrow. Tomorrow is our big social day. M's mom is having two friends come over (one is 91, the other is in her 80's) for lunch and for a few rounds of a game called "Rummy Tiles", which I just learned how to play last week (just for this social event!). I'm looking forward to it .... it will be a unique experience for me, that's for sure. A uniquely fun and special experience. :)
I checked in at home tonight and all is well. The internet is running (yahoo for Mom!) and the water (not any blood) is flowing.
Son #2 called me tonight to tell me that he missed me.
Seriously?!
No ..... I cannot tell a lie.
He called to ask a favor but then did tell me that he missed me. I will refrain from thinking that it was only due to the fact that I granted his request, and instead be happy that he said it. :)
OK Peeps, it's time for me to finish my wine (good advice, AC!).
Keep giving me your "relaxation advice" .... and let me know what works for you, if anything.
Oh ..... and happy Friday.
:)
6 comments:
Good evening my darling daughter.
I am so happy that you are relaxing
and enjoying yourself. What a blessing that is for me. I'm my happiest when I know you are not suffering. But please know that doesn't mean you have to wear a mask for my sake. Far from it. I would hate that more than anything.
I always want you to know you can trust me with your truth, no matter what that is. Enjoy the remainder of your visit. Things are under control here.
I love you bunches.
So glad and thankful you are having a good time and are relaxing and that you slept. You will have a special time today and will be blessed. sounds like your Mom has everything under control and all is well at home. Thankful you could get away and relax. Blessings and hugs...
ohhhh sounds delightful. hope you have a splendid time!
ps your mommy is brilliant.
Good afternoon my darling daughter.
I just had to add.....ooooooooooooo
I LIKE purejoy!!!!
And I love you.
The quilt looks incredible and BIG!
I love it.
I hope you have fun with the ladies today. The last time I played Scrabble with my grandma who will be 99 this month-she beat me! So much fun!
My favorite way to relax is with a hot bath (in the cooler months), a good book and a glass of wine.
Enjoy your weekend! Love you!
Post a Comment