Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another Saturday night .....



                       Jim, Son #2 and Son #1.  Alaska, June 2007.  Our last vacation.


..... and I ain't got nobody.  Well, actually I have my horse/dog, and 2 cats.  And a glass of Bailey's and the OSU Cowboys playing the Buffs on TV.  
Not bad.
And I'm actually enjoying some time alone in my home.  I don't seem to be here much during the day .... rarely, in fact.  I had Stephen Minister training all day and then errands to run.
Gabby was glad to see me come home.  Poor baby.  I just may have to get one of her little sisters to keep her company.

What?!

     By the way, I love Dr. Pepper.  And Jim loved Dr. J when we first met.  Had a red jersey with Dr. J's number on it (6) when I met him.  One of the boys has it now.  It's pretty ratty-looking now and thread-bare, but I love that jersey.
OK, if you thought maybe I was having a stroke while I typed all of that, which had nothing to do with anything, you'd be wrong.
I'm watching the game and the new Dr. Pepper commercial with Dr. J (go Sixers!) came on.
And made me smile.
And so I shared it.
:)

     Nothing entertaining today.
I shall try to update after the Game.
Happy Saturday.

P.S.  By the way, I find it very, very interesting that the only 2 people who "said" they could "not" make a donation for the cd ..... are related to me.
I myself had no problem clicking on the donation button and doing so.  You need to have a PayPal account, but if you don't you can sign up for one right there on that website.
So please ....... don't tell me you just couldn't figure it out (cough, cough) and give 'em some money!!!
Hey D ..... have you already been listening to that CD for free?!  I mean, it seems to be in the blood!!
:)
xoxoxo

UPDATE:
YAY COWBOYS!!!!!!  

And also, geez, I have a testy family, don't I?!  Testy ......... and CHEAP!!!
:)
Oh, and my MOM said she couldn't download it, either!!!  Has ANYONE who's not related to me been able to donate to this site BEFORE downloading????

5 comments:

M2K2USA said...

Mmmm,Hmmmm. I heard that.
You are going to get one of Gabby's SISTERS to keep her company!
Yep, we are sending the men with a white coat. You've totally lost it.
Just kidding!! LOL!
I think it would be WONDERFUL!
Sarge and Bella LOVE eachother.
2 is JUST enough!
;)
K and M in AK

Anonymous said...

No I am not listening for free, I tried to download it too (and I do have a paypal account) So I thought I would try again tomorrow. If it don't work, I will down load for free and send the chicks some money! I did however get a copy of "The Shack" and will start to read it when Kris leaves. I am looking forward to it. I read the first chapter, forward and back cover. It soumds very interesting and I can't wait to read it. This coming from the person who once HATED to read. Thanks for letting me know about it. Love you tons! And when ever you want me to come and paint that rainbow, just let me know! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh SHUT UP!!!
I really COULDN'T make it work. I TRIED about 5 times! I WILL pay for it, I PROMISE!!! Sheez!
Just because we were honest and ADMITTED it....;) ;) I'll try again tonight just to get you off my back!
I hope your dog shoves you right out of bed. THHHHPPPppppppppp!!!!!

Love you!
Lis

Unknown said...

Hey there & good evening from Virginia. I was just reading the Wednesday questions and responses and had to comment. After moving back to VA from TX summer of 2007my then 2.5 year old son began suffering from "night terrors." He would sleep walk down the stairs, screaming, crying, and not knowing what he was doing until I had been holding him for a few minutes. It took me weeks to figure out what he was going through.
He never had had a t.v. in his room, he would usually fall right to sleep but 3-4 times a week he would experience these "night terrors." So because I desperately needed sleep I place a t.v. in his room and guess what, no more waking up screaming or crying. I have no rationale as to why it worked but it did. So as to agree but disagree with your post. I don't think having a t.v. in a child's room is appropriate, but sometimes it is a necessity for the sanity of the parent (not as a babysitter).

Anonymous said...

Sorry J,but I could not donate on the site-and I do have a PayPal account??? I tried about 20 times on two different computers and every time I got an error message :-/
SO I posted a message on the Kenya forChristmas "facebook"page and one Cory Osburn got right back to me and gave me a physical address to send a donation to (which is what I asked him for.) "Aren't college students great? you ask them for something...and they bring it to you...kindof like santa clause?" my little Arthur quote for the night!!
If anyone needs the physical address to send their donation, I have it- email me - or I can post it here if you like?

Love you,K