Friday, December 14, 2012

T.A.N.W.*

There really aren't.
None.

My heart hurts from the emptiness it feels for the 20 families ..... of kindergartners.
And the 7 families ..... of the heroic staff/teachers.

But no words.

No, that's not true.
There is one word.
One word that I've heard many times just today.

One word that I've heard, and I've even said over and over these past 5 years.

"Why?"

There.
Is.
No.
Answer.

We only learn to come to terms with that ...... or not.
And that takes a very long time.
If ever.

There's no solution.
Outlawing guns wouldn't have stopped this (guns have always and will always be bought .... somewhere).
Having everyone pack a gun wouldn't have stopped this (though maybe fewer people would've died, who knows?).
It's not political.
It's not religious.
It's not racial.

It just is.

It's one insane and probably hurting-more-than-one-can-imagine person.
Insanity.
That's as close of an answer we'll ever have, most likely.

Not much of one, is it?

And though I can, and will, honestly say that I have prayed far less these past 5 years than I did "before", I will be praying for these families.
For love, comfort, strength, and strong arms to surround them.
It's all I can do.
It feels so very, very small.

It's not an answer, either.
But again, there is NO answer.

Trust me.
I should know.


*There Are No Words

3 comments:

Amanda Towne said...

i agree, Janine. :(

Anonymous said...

There really are 'no words'. But I keep searching for some semblance of equal normalcy, some sense of...anything....but I'm not finding any of it. And I know I won't find it but as a human I keep searching....I am so very,
very, sad.... really I am!

BAK said...

T.A.N.W.

Prayer and "weeping/mourning with those who weep/mourn" Romans 12:15b.