Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A good day



             This is J, me and Jim, in front of a "famous" pizza place in Stillwater, Oklahoma -- home   of the OSU cowboys.  This was Thanksgiving weekend 2006.

     Today was a good day.  I played tennis this morning -- who would've thought it possible after yesterday's all-day down pour.  But the sun was out this morning.  We got a huge storm this afternoon, but it didn't last very long.  So, yay for tennis and double-yay that the temperature was 20 degrees cooler today.
     After tennis the 3 boys and I went shopping for the afternoon.  It was time for Son #1 to get stuff for college.  We had lunch together and then hit the stores.  He had his list and his prices and his copies from web sites.  Yes, he is his father's son.  We had a great time.  It was fun to be with each of them and all of them together.  I love my kids.
     Tonight was spent with friends.  And wine.  And food.  But mostly friends.  

All in all, a good day.

Yay for good days.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say Hey, and you are still in my prayers. Glad today was a good one!
Love you,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I love good days, especially ones that have the word shopping in them!! This week has kinda been blah. The movers will be here next Wednesday and I don't seem to want to do anything to prepare. Oh well maybe Tuesday will be better (or the worst day) running around like a chicken with it's head chopped off. Time will tell! Love you tons and miss you just as much!

jessica said...

Hey - I saw that you joined the Houston W & W club, so I hope I can meet you in person sometime. I follow your "up" and "down" days thru this blog, and from what I am told, that will go on for months or even longer. This is a crummy sorority and the price of admission was way too high. IMHO. Cute photo of you!

Anonymous said...

Okay,so you and Daughter #3 said you like to hear about how people still think about Jim. Well, we do. alot. My son #3 just struck up a common conversation around here- I thought I would share with you. He wanted to look at pictures of "Mr Eggers" on my computer. (meaning, he wants to look at pictures from your blog) So we go on the blog and look at pictures of "Huck" and T says "NO. I want to see a picture of Mr Eggers, I miss seeing his face"(that is an exact quote- it made me cry) so we scroll down to the picture of you and J and Jim at OSU. T looks at it and says "I like that face,I should have taken more pictures when I had the chance" (he is 5, he has not taken any pictures so I am not sure why he made that statement, but he was serious and I did not want to discourage him) So I said, yes- you probably should have,but if you want I can print one of these pictures for you then you could look at it whenever you want. and he said "yeah, I would like that.I could put it by my desk and look at it all the time."

I will be printing a picture off for him, and he will put it by his desk (aka... night stand)because he, and the rest of us, miss that face.

I really hope this message is okay- we have moments like this all the time and I just don't know if I should share them. I will completely understand if you do not want to post this comment. I just wanted you to know how much we think about Jim and miss him. and what an impact he has had on my 5 year old- and all of us.
Love you! K

Janine said...

Thank you SO much, K. That was so wonderful and touching. I love T! And so does Jim.
Never think sharing things about him will be negative. They only make our hearts smile.
Thank you ... I love you.